Saturday, July 13, 2013

Rainy Daze

It's one of those typical Florida days drenched in cloud sweat and the nap inducing sounds of a thunder's discontent rumble. I went into the storm a little bit ago to take the pictures that I'm going to post in this and I found myself enjoying being out in the summer rain more than the photography itself. If only I can capture that feeling.

It seems like a juvenile thing to play in the rain so I think many people try to avoid getting wet or even going outside during a storm. I think we all forget how wonderful it can feel. Everything about it: the cool drops slipping down the front of your raincoat and into your boots, the fresh smell of soil's thirst being quenched, the comfortable grey sky, the childish crawling fear of sporadic thunder. And it's funny how different the experience of a rainy day can be depending on where you are. I know when I'm in my house and it's rainy I'm either getting cabin fever trying to figure out what to do or not consensually falling asleep, but when I'm outside on a rainy day I feel very much alive and happy and like I wanna play and find frogs and drink raindrops.

When I was out there I saw my cat sitting in the window and I thought it was funny because it is usually the opposite situation. So I did a little dance for her and she did one back. While I'm on the cat topic, my little lola brought me a present this morning. I was sitting on my computer in the living room and I see her come up to the door from outside - with a jesus lizard in her mouth! She's such a sweet killer. At least it wasn't a snake this time, that's usually her specialty. Anyhow, my dad and I frantically tried to get her to put him down and eventually she did and luckily he was still alive :)

When she came in I told her "Thank you, but no thank you my sweet. This family likes lizards."






jfate

No comments:

Post a Comment