Wednesday, July 3, 2013

7/3/13

I got a job offer from Barnes N Nobles last week. I accepted their offer. I resined from the position today. Maybe I am pretentious, maybe I’m a snob, maybe I’m too proud. Maybe I take myself too seriously. 

Backround: I’m Jena...23 years old...still lives at home with parents...Bachelors degree in English (even though I still dont know how to spell bachelors without spell check and I use ellipsis’s where they need not be)...unemployed(again)...aspiring writer.

I find this a very embarrassing and uncomfortable post to write and I am beginning to question why I choose this to be my intro, but the reality is: THIS IS THE TRUTH. No more, no less. I want to do better for myself and taking a minimum wage retail job training next to someone who hasn't even stepped foot in college yet is more like taking a step backwards. 

Granted, there are millions of Americans HAVING to do this to survive because they don't have their parents to fall back on ( /GUILT stamped on forehead).

Is it really so wrong to want a job that involves both your interests AND a fair pay based on credentials? 

I don’t think so. However, it is wrong to expect to magically be granted these things without the hard work. But where to start? 

I feel tremendously lost... or am I just a cactus flower without evening.




jfate


No comments:

Post a Comment